It was a no-brainer. Shadowbox Farms wanted to support an amazing community event that promoted advocacy, education and normalization. When the opportunity arose to partner with the Pride Northwest organization as a sponsor for its Portland Pride Waterfront Festival, Shadowbox Farms leapt at chance (and high-fived a ton). We were excited because we realized that we share a similar mission of advocacy and inclusivity. In essence, Shadowbox Farms + Portland Pride Festival = the perfect pairing. Let’s explore that.
Shared Mission & Values
Shadowbox Farms is much more than a cannabis farm; it is a mission- and values-driven company. What does that mean exactly? It means all our decisions and actions as a business align with our core principles. Together, our mission and values are the magnetic force that points our compass towards our “true north.”
Likewise, Pride Northwest is much more than a non-profit organization serving the LGBTQ community. In addition to welcoming summer to Portland with the amazing Pride Waterfront Festival and Parade, Pride Northwest works every single day of the year to celebrate and support the entire Pacific Northwest’s LGBTQ community. We support that one hundred percent.
As stewards of Oregon’s craft cannabis industry, Shadowbox Farms is committed to supporting organizations with shared values, so we knew we could not miss the chance to partner with Pride Northwest. Let’s look at our core values:
- Curiosity and thinking. We value new ideas and curiosity. No innovation ever came without curiosity and risk taking. We applaud those curious enough to think outside of the box and bring the Portland Pride Festival to fruition.
- Assume positive intent. This one is a game-changer. Perspective is key. We always strive to see the positive side of things first, and isn’t that a beautiful thing? We believe the world would be a better place if issues could be resolved from a place of empathy and love. Enough said.
- Operational excellence. We push ourselves everyday to be better than “good enough.” The volunteers who make the Portland Pride Festival happen every year are a fine example of this, as they donate their time, love and energy to this event.
- Being present. There’s more to being present than just showing up. We put this value into practice through proactive problem solving, and by giving each day our all. Pride Northwest is present for the LGBTQ community 24/7, and that unwavering dedication is powerful.
- Honest candor. We must be open to feedback and in turn give thoughtful feedback. Honest candor is how we grow and how we challenge fear and stigma. The individuals who identify openly as part of the LGBTQ community have had to exercise honest candor, and Pride Northwest works to build trust through education and advocacy. We support that.
A Partnership for Change
To create meaningful change, we must carefully cultivate an atmosphere of equity and trust as a solid foundation. We must assume positive intent and focus on education; these building blocks are true for any community looking to have a positive impact.
Shadowbox Farms is excited about our involvement with this year’s Pride Northwest Festival. Being a Pride festival sponsor gives us the opportunity to live our vision of creating advocacy, education and normalization in an ethos of love and respect.