“Marijuana has gone Mainstream”
-Congressman Earl Blumenauer
Cannabis has been legal in Oregon for over two years now. In that time some things have changed (possession limits, requirements for childproofing, and taxes), while others have stayed the same (where you are allowed to consume). Here is a quick reminder to get you up to speed on anything you might have missed.
Requirements to Purchase
- Purchased through licensed recreational or medical dispensary
- Possess Valid US Government ID
- You must be 21 or above to possess, use or purchase any cannabis related products.
- OLCC Licensed Retail Stores are allowed to sell to recreational consumers or OMMP patients.
- OLCC Licensed Medical Dispensaries can only sell to OMMP patients.
Responsible Consumption Area’s
You can use recreational marijuana at home, or inside of a private residence or property. Public use and selling of cannabis is against the law.
Rules of the Road
While under the influence of marijuana, driving is illegal, Please be responsible.
- 1 ounce of usable cannabis (i.e. dried flower)
- 4 ounces of usable cannabis if you are a registered Oregon Medical Marijuana Program (OMMP) cardholder or caregiver
- 5 grams of cannabis concentrates or extracts
- 16 ounces of cannabis edibles in solid form
- 72 ounces of cannabis products in liquid form
- 10 cannabis seeds
- 4 immature cannabis plants
- 1 ounce of usable marijuana in public (i.e. flower, joints, etc) -> 8 ounces In private
- 1 ounce of cannabis concentrates or extracts
- 16 ounces cannabinoid product in solid form (edibles)
- 72 ounces of cannabinoid product in liquid form
- 4 immature marijuana plants
- 10 marijuana seeds
You can grow your own marijuana, up to four plants per household, regardless of occupancy.
As long as no monetary compensation takes place, you may gift up as much cannabis as you would like (within the legal limit)
Bringing any cannabis grown in Oregon outside of state lines is illegal.
Exit Bags -> childproof / resistant
Oregon is committed to creating a well regulated industry and showing the example of great adult cannabis consumption. Using the child-resistant packaging while storing your product keeps it out of the hands of minors.
For more information regarding compliance please contact the OLCC at:
Phone – 503.872.6366
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org